Friday, February 19, 2010

February 7

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom by Doug Saunders
It is absolutely amazing to see "Millenials" as stated by Doug Saunders, working on a computer. These kids are really young and their technology skills surpass mine. I can remember being in school and sitting in a classroom listening to my teacher read stuff to me and I had to remember it and "burp it back" to her, like what Dr. Strange would say. i would be bored out of my mind but today is a new day. The old way is out and here comes the new kid on the block.
When a child misses school and is not able to attend it is nice to know you still have a way to teach that child without them being in the classroom. You can relay information necessary for that child to keep up with the rest of the class.
Also I love the idea of being able to making my classroom an enjoyable place to learn. Standing in front a classroom reading off materials is not my idea of being a effective teacher. i want my students to leave me having learned something and with with technology i feel that they will explore more places, people, and things than I ever did in my 12+ years of schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment