Monday, February 22, 2010

February 14- posts

Wired Story
After reading the story of Wikipedia, I am interested in the things that go on in this site. I have always been told not to use this source for information. I never understood why but now I do.
Putting trust in this site is not a good idea. Whenever someone can go in and change or delete the information is not a good source. I do not think that it will ever be a reliable source to use. It is good that Mr. Griffith found a way to track back to the IP addresses but until someone can come up with a way to control the deleting and editing on Wikipedia then I do not think it is going to be reliable.

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung.
This blog was inspiring. As I said on Mr. McClung's blog, we start out all gungho and thinking we are there to save the world but in reality we have to slow down and get to know our students. I really enjoyed his blog, he talks about all things I have been thinking about every since I started in Education and he hits all the key points on the head. We as teachers have got to except that we need to learn as well the student.

1 comment:

  1. I use Wikipedia all, the time. You just have to make sure that your brain is turned on and your eyes are open.

    I am glad you liked listening to Mr. McClung. He is a real friend. We will have a Skype session with him after Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete