Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 7- Assignment

Picture of Randy Pausch
Randy Pausch's Last Lecture: Achieving your childhood dreams.
This video was one of the most powerful and inspiring videos I have ever seen. During the entire lecture, he talked about his past life. His childhood dreams, being at zero gravity, playing in the NFL, an author in the World Book Encyclopedia, and a Disney Imagineer. At the beginning of the clip he tells us that he has only a few months to live, from that moment on I knew this man had something important to tell us. He had knowledge that he wanted to share, not only to us but to his kids also. The reason for the whole lecture was to get his points across to his kids. He kept me interested to the lecture. I was hanging on his every word.
I was really impressed with him about his classes he held. He put them in groups and they came up with projects using virtual reality. The groups went beyond his expectations.
Also I noticed on YouTube he had over 11 million viewers.

4 comments:

  1. You would get more comments if you kept up to date with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with you. This guy had a lot of meaningful things to say. I am so happy that there are people like this in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Randy was very inspiring and he is very motivating. I thought that it was funny how he said that he was in better shape than a lot of people who were in his audience. It made me laugh when he got down and started doing push ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Since this is your most recent post, I suppose I'll leave you a comment on this one...)

    This was actually one of my favorite blog assignments we've done in EDM 310! I wrote a lot in my blog post about Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. You can take a look here:

    http://ferrisjessicaedm310.blogspot.com/2010/03/randy-pauschs-last-lecture.html

    ReplyDelete